Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
Running in the rain and cold.

Today I ran 8.25 miles and the weather was truly horrible. It was 35 degrees and raining along with a steady wind. These conditions lead to hypothermia (sp?) and the trick is not to stop running. I find that usually I am the only one out there and it is so peaceful despite the weather.

The guys I run with from time to time did not run with me and they wonder why they do not improve. Learning to run through less than ideal conditions is important and keeps the motivation up and going.

The other benefit is that I treat myself to a piece of cheesecake and hot cocoa for doing today's run!

Comments:
Yeesh. Just reading that made me cold! Way to stick to the plan... Hot Cocoa, yummy! :)
 
Did someone say cheesecake???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?