Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 
2005 was a challenging year for me. I ended up traveling 40 weeks inthe year and finding the time for running was challenging. In someways it ended up beneficial for me as I was limited by time and did more 2x a day running than I had ever done before.

The table below shows my change year over year in running:
Year # of Runs Total Miles Avg Run Distance
2005 329 1,825.15 5.547568
2004 285 1,683.90 5.908421


Most rewarding things for me was helping 2 1st steppers completetheir first 5K. Additionally I helped in a small way my friend Jenrun 3 minutes faster in her 5K by having her do more speed work and more importantly convincing her to believe in herself.

I won the Club overall male GP 2nd year in a row and 3rd year for theage group. I set new masters PR in the half marathon and the 8K.

Biggest disappointments were DNS at the Marine Corps Marathon (kneeinjury) and not breaking 19 min in the 5K

I age up to the 45-49 age group this year but feel really good about it. Look forward to the new competition.

Goals for 2006:
Beat DOC in 5K
Run 18:45 in 5K (hopefully before Andyman does!)
Complete Jeep Challenge at Gasparilla under 3 hrs
Complete CMM half marathon under 1:30:00 and beat Marty (side bet is cheesecake)
Stay injury free and continue to have fun running

Comments:
Woo hoo, I'm reading along and i'm like ... Hmm, Jen, who's that? Thanks buddy, you really did help, and the encouragement was priceless! Hopefully you'll get more traffic soon (the way I found to do that is to comment on other's blogs...). I have you linked in my blog. :)

Here's to a great year!
 
Just surfed on in via Jen's blog.
What speed work would you recommend to run 5K in under 20?
 
For the 5K lots of 200 meters and some 400/800 meter work outs. I am a big fan of the 200 as it pushes you hard and teaches leg turnover. If your trying for lets say 20 min do 8x200 at 42 sec pace with 90 sec recovery in between. A proper warm up and cool down is also required.
 
Thanks for the tips, Kurt. I'll give it a go.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?