Sunday, January 22, 2006

 
Yesterday I ran my first 15K in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in more than a dozen years. The good news I was guaranteed a Masters PR regardless of my time!

Given the mileage I had been putting in I felt a reasonable goal was 1:03:00 or less.

Weather was nice with temps near 70. If anything it was a bit warm as it was unseasonably warm.

Mile splits as follows:

1) 6:20
2) 6:42
3) 6:57 (construction site and twists)
4) 6:40
5) 6:38
6) 6:54
7) 7:05 (fought with water bottle to get top off)
8) 6:42
9) 9:00 (no mile marker last 1.3 miles)

Total time 1:03:00

The only thing I did not like about the race we had to run through several roads that were under construction and the water stations were unmanned. They had little bottle of waters that you had to twist off and some of them seemed to be super glued on!

Overall 9th out of roughly 200 and 2nd in age group. The guy who won the age group (M 40-44) has never beaten me in a 10K or smaller distance but I had lost to him in the last 2 half marathons. Unfortunately he was able to pull ahead and came in 22 seconds before I did.

I feel still good about the training for the Gasparilla Jeep Challenge at the end of February.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
I did mean to mention that I look forward to February and aging up!
 
Congratulations on a good result. Keep running and inspiring.

What do you have to do for the Jeep Challenge?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?