Thursday, February 09, 2006

 
Ah, the beginning of taper madness is already hapenning. I have only run 11 miles so far and will do an additional 5 miles tonight, take Friday off and run 10-12 miles on Saturday with Sunday off. Will be a very low mileage week but that is what my training plan calls for.

I am down to 16 days to the big Jeep Challenge. I continue to remain focused (or obsessed!) on it. The first two races, the 15K and the 5K I am not as concerned about even though I will have less than a hour between them, it is the half marathon on the following day that I am really focusing on. Goal is to run a 1:35:00 or less on about 20 hrs recovery time. Normally I would be pushing for 1:30:00 to 1:31:00 time frame. I think this is doable but very challenging!

Comments:
Challenging ... but I'm sure you'll manage it!

Stay with the taper!
 
Kurt, I would give anything for your ambition and drive. You will be fantastic!

We'll have to chat about that Japan thing. I'd love to pick your brain on living internationally.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
You'll do awesome!!!
 
My only advice about the 15K/5K day is this: look over the race routes & map of start & finish. I did NOT last year, thought I'd just follow the crowd. Well, the CROWD wasn't running both races. ONE crowd was DONE at the end of the 15K (and not thinking about triple challengers needing to get past them), and ANOTHER (huge-huge-HUGE) crowd was lining up somewhere I couldn't find to run the 5K. And everybody was a tourist, so finding the start was NOT easy. I ended up behind a MASS of 5K walkers - and I'm SLOW, but man!!!! - I thought I would LOSE MY MIND back there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?