Monday, February 06, 2006

 
I completed my last hard weekend in preparation for Gasparilla and the Jeep Challenge. Saturday I ran with a group (led by the talented runner Tracy who is an awesome runner and darn cute). We started real slow for the group and crawled along a 8:45 pace for the first 5 miles and then started picking up the pace. In the end we were the only ones left for the final 2.5 miles (everyone else bailed on us) and were clicking along at a 7:15 pace. Nice solid 13.5 miles and just under 1:50:00 for a good solid run.

Sunday I ran alone and did an easy 7:50 pace for 12.25 miles. I struggled to get going for first 6 miles and then finally found something like a grove and relaxed into the run.

Week total was 52 miles and the weekend alone was 25.75 miles. Now comes the tapering and the taper madness!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
How come I'm the only one on my blogroll that can't do "an easy 7:30 pace". I need to start hangin' out with some slower people so I don't feel so damn slloooooow.

Way to go! :)
 
Your speed is amazing Kurt. Be proud of yourself! I wish I was that fast...but nope...I'll be happy with just getting my butt out there and running daily. And I'll second that I need slow people to run with!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?