Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 
Taper madness continues!

Only 3 days and 18 hrs (at the time of posting this blog) to the first of the 3 races for Gasparilla Jeep Challenge. I am ready more or less, knee is tweaking in the right leg, left hamstring is tight and I am going through the self doubts and questioning of my training (I do this for every race nothing new here).

I am running the races in my mind every night. Family has decided I am obsessed (Okay so I am) on the race and it is all I can think of. Of course I threw them for a loop when I started thinking about the CMM half marathon (woo hoo going for sub 1:30:00) on that race!!

Running is fun even when we become obsessed about it!

My b day came and went and was quiet and filled with cheesecakes and small gifts. Wife and kids did pretty good on the gifts this year.

Enjoy the day (3 days and just over 18 hrs to the fun!)

Comments:
What can you do to avoid thinking too much about the race? Sudoku?
 
Kurt, you will be fantastic this weekend. You are an inspiration to many people half your age. Ahem...ME!
 
Try, I actually like thinking about the race and will do the races in my mind many times along with goals for splits. Especially this race where I need to ensure that I don't go out to fast and keep the 15K at around a 6:45 pace. I will just have under 1 hr to get ready for the 5K and plan on doing that a steady 20 min or so. By doing this in my mind I am preparing my body for the races and then ultimately getting up on Sunday and doing the half marathon.
 
Woohoo... You are so going to ROCK this event! Don't obsess... it's just another run that you will NAIL! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?