Saturday, February 11, 2006

 
Today I did my last long run before the Gasparilla Jeep Challenge (13 days and counting). 10 of us meet and broke into 2 groups. My group was doing 13 miles and the other group was planning onn 10 miles. It was 45 degrees and raining so not the best conditions. We had Tracy, Crystal, Jeff and myself. Tracy and Crystal are very good runners (and darn cute I might add also!). Jeff is not that much off my pace so it was a good group to run with.

We rann 13 miles in just over 1 hr 40 min for an average of 7:45 pace. Jeff and I did a couple of miles in the 6:30 range in the middle to have a good decent work out.

Down week for miles, just 28 miles. This week is only schedule for 30 with no run above 8 miles.

My focus on Gasparilla remains strong. 13 days til I find out how I do against both others and myself. I look forward to the challenge of pushing myself for my 45th birthday.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I admire you! 45...and so strong. I have something to look forward to as I age!
 
You are going to give yourself a great bday present when you achieve your Gasp goal. Cool blog!
 
Kurt....time to hold on...before you let the dogs out!!! Then...watch out PR!!!
 
You're doing Gasparilla!
I did the PT Cruiser Challenge last year!!! I'm slow slow slow, so my time wasn't my concern, but the back-to-back miles had me a bit worried! Luckily for me, it was a cold spell down there, or I'd have died on day two. As it was, I got pretty miserable before I finished, but the early part of the run was fine! I think I came in 3rd from last in the Challenge, something like that!

This year, I did the Goofy Challenge at Disney, instead. AWESOME medals! And another lucky cold snap!

*jeanne*
 
45? You're kidding me. You run like you're 25.

Good luck for the Gasp!
 
I will need to look into what exactly this Gasparilla. I love the name, and maybe after you could drink a little Sasparilla.

Cool blog and good luck, sounds like you are ready. Look forward to hearing about the results.
 
Googled it.....that looks fun, I gathered you are doing the challange....well maybe not so fun....But Gasparilla looks like fun. We will actually be in Tampa on Business for me the following weekend. Good luck.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?