Saturday, March 18, 2006

 
Lame 5K results.

I ran a 5K (St Patricks 5/10K) as it was a cancer raising event for a local boy who is fighting for his survival. Race offers a 5K, 10K and a 2 mile walk. I elected to do the 5K as I am trying to get my speed back (still gone and I think Andy stole it from me). This was 3 weeks post Gasparilla and I intentionally ran more miles this week. The little surprise was the last 3/4 mile of the race was on the beach (in the nice soft sand of course).

That being said I ran 21:29 finished 9th overall and 1st Masters and 1st in age group. Thankfully I will be starting my 12x200 Intervals Tuesday and hope to find my leg turnover again.

Asthma was a problem again and that did not help but nevertheless I should be running a consistent 19:15 or so and plan to do so in April.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Wow... great time!! Especially in the sand. What a rock star!
 
Considering the sand that's a pretty good result.
 
Congrats for the great time on the sand. I have your same asthma problem and in spring it is very boring.
 
Great time! I love running on the sand! Do you?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?