Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 
My youngest daughter, Maddie, called me last night (I am still traveling to work) and told me that I received a trophy from Gasparilla for 2nd place in the masters division for the Jeep challenge. This was totally unexpected and going back and looking at the results and awards I figured out how and why. The top 10 males receive overall awards. along with top 3 master awards. Virtually every top ten runner was a master runner and the group between me and the top ten were youngesters (20's and 30's). So despite my less than desired performance I did win hardware (and Maddie was so happy!!).

Even though I was disappointed in my time and race performance I will take the hardware and keep it!

Enjoy the day everyone! (only 341 days of training left for the next Gasparilla race)

Comments:
Congrats on the hardware! It's always a nice surprise when it isn't expected.
 
The unexpected prizes are always the best. Congrats
 
Well, that's a pleasant surprise! Great job Kurt!
 
CONGRATS!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

*mcjeanne*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?