Saturday, March 04, 2006

 
One week after Gasparilla I participated in the Rumba on the Lumber 5K for the 1st time. Nice day and felt good about the race. In the end, the spirit was ready but the legs were still not there.

Bottom line race was 20:40. I was 27th out of 493 overall 2nd in A/G (1st in A/G for award). The guy who won the A/G ran 16:04 so I never had a shot at him anyway LOL.

Best part of the race event was the 1 mile fun run which I did with my youngest daughter Maddie (she is 8). We really enjoyed that very much and had a great time running together. We did our mile in 15 min (it was easy to get distracted by birds, bugs and babies!)

After the 5K Maddie and I hung out and enjoyed the festival and food.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Great 5 km! Compliments.
 
I think I should run with Maddie. That's more my pace!

Great Job Kurt!
 
1st place, 16:04; 2nd place, 20:40... gosh, you guys must eat intervals for breakfast or something like that...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?