Monday, March 27, 2006

 
Running Update from the weekend

I slogged my way through the weekend. Combination of fighting some bug (probably sent to me by the evil cats) and ongoing asthma issues made the running feel blah. Friday did my 7 mile run at a 7:25 pace, Saturday did a 10.7 mile run at a 7:50 pace and Sunday I ran 8 miles and all I could do to keep it at an 8 min mile.

I am convinced my cyber buddy Andy sent the evil cats to sprinkle cooties on me and take away my speed and give it to him! (Check out Andy's blog on my links he is one fast dude and I plan on whipping that youngster sometime in the next 12 months).

Next race is on April 9th, a 5K that I will not target for tapering. Hope to do anything around 19:30 and keeping April 22nd the big 10K at Oak Island as a target race. Goal is to break 41 on this race.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Maybe it'd be wise to lay off the running for a bit and fight off the bug first?

Good luck with both races!
 
Hope you feel better soon!
 
Is getting a virus from a cat called feline flu?? :)
 
I am sure you will succeed in breaking the 41 minutes despite....the evil cat!!!
 
Oh no! An evil cat....sounds quite scary. Man, that's some fast running in my opinion! Thanks for the kind words on my blog and hope you feel better soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?