Monday, March 13, 2006

 
Tis the season for Asthma!

Today I had my quartely check on my asthma and lo and behold the Dr said my asthma was still in the "uncontrolled" status! I was not surprised since I am not really breathing well and wake up 2-3x a night for air. Not to mention running and racing is more difficult with the season changes.

The Dr. upped my doseage on the Advair to the strongest level (i.e. more steriods) and if that doesn't work I will also go on monthly shots. I am hoping all this kicks in before May when I have a couple of races I am targeting.

Life can be interesting at times! Air being a minor challenge as I get closer to my sub 19 min 5K this year. Oh well at least the legs are almost recovered from Gasparilla.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Don't move to Cincinnati...we stink for allergies! Hope you get better soon!
 
I feel so bad for you when I hear that yor asthma has worsened. I had asthma from age 8-19 years old and know how horoble it was to fight for air. It is bad enough to have it, much less to love running and have it.

You are in my prayers today buddy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?