Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 
Today I did my first post Gasparilla run. Just an easy 3 miles and felt good. I am actually pretty tired today, I think it has all caught up with me. I still have the sore legs but stairs no longer scare me LOL!

I will rest tomorrow, run easy on Friday and then figure out what I am going to do for the race on Saturday. I would normally have no problem kicking out a sub 19:30 5K but this will be more challenging.

I just have to remember that pain is weakness leaving the body. I can gut it out and push myself to compete hard.

Besides only 362 days of training until the next Jeep Challenge at Gasparilla next year.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

I like that quote. Did you make that up yourself?
 
Unfortunately I did not make it up. I saw it on a T Shirt several years ago but have always remembered it.
 
Ditto on the quote. I like it.

You're running another race this weekend? You are amazing! I'll see what I can do about the cheesecake. That is definitely not my specialty.
 
Kurt...OMG...another race?!!!! I'm hurt'n just thinking about it.

Well...knowing you, you are getting a sick evil grin on your face thinking about it. ;)

Congrats on running an amazing triple hitter and salvaging your time goal quite respectfully.
 
That quote comes from the Marines!

Sorry you didn't do as well as you'd hoped last weekend, but still great times! Don't push yourself too hard too soon. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?