Saturday, May 20, 2006

 
Another succesful 5K speedwork!

Today I did run a 5K (well 3.16 miles it was long and two GPS devices confirmed it). Started the day off with a 1 mile fun run with the youngest critter and enjoyed that a ton again! Her time was 14:40 and an improvement over last year.

The race offered both a 5 and 10K and I was undecided what one to do when Ian and Jeff showed up and said they were doing the 5K. That was enough for me to make the decision to run the 5K.

It was cool and wet and a new course with a lot of twists in it especially at mile 2. Split times were 6:02 (mile 1) 6:30 (mile 2 and a lot of turns) 7:01 (final 1.16 mile). Final time was 19:33 and if the course was accurate I might have set a new masters PR.

Ian, Todd, myself and another guy we all ran together the whole way until the last quarter mile. Then we all kicked and for the first time in a while I was totally outkicked. The unknown guy finished 1st (he was in the 20-29 age group), Todd finished 2nd by 2 seconds ahead of me and I beat Ian by 3 seconds. In the end it was a good race, 3rd overall and 1st in age group.

I feel like I am getting prepared again for the 10K next week. I am targetting a sub 41 on a difficult course next week.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Finally! I thought you were kidnapped, given you hadn't posted in a week!

Getting beat by the younger guys...hmmm...Still I'd kill to have your times. Maybe you are the drive behind my recent energy kick! LOL
 
I know I haven't posted much lately. I been swamped at work with some banking deals along with staffing adjustments to the workforce. I will do my best to post more. Oh yes, it killed me to not have the kick I use to on the youner guys!
 
A great performance, I am sure you will break the 41' wall
 
Great day for you; between the race time and the PR for Maddie!!

That 10K sub 41:00 is yours for the asking (or should that be "running"?!?)

Hope work calms down for you!!
 
Kurt, you continue to amaze me with your times. I hope you did get that Master PR!
 
Wow, nice race...I'm still trying to figure out what I can lower my 5K time to...will have to wait till after my marathon for that though!! Nothing like a mini race at the end...and more hardware for you. Congrats.
 
Kurt, great time! That course is a lot more accurate than the one I ran over the weekend. One GPS said 3.4 and one 3.5, but I don't necessarily trust GPS to be 100% accurate since even individual GPS's can vary. It was obvious though the course was long. I wish they would use a wheel to measure these courses and not rely on GPS.

3rd overall and first in your age group is great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?