Monday, May 08, 2006

 
I had a decent weekend running wise. Saturday the group run went well with 3 of us in the faster group doing 5.5 miles of hills at a moderate pace. Humidity was setting so it was a good workout and preparation for the summer races.

The main group met shortly after that and we had a new member join us. My friend Tracy now has new competition as the new gal is an officer in the USMC (ah just like I use to be!). The new gal is fast and is looking to break 1:30:00 on the half so she will be pushing me all running season.

Always nice to have new members join and who love to run with our road runner club!

Sunday I did my normal run alone and ran an easy 9 miles. Week total was 43.6 miles so starting to build back up to my normal distances. Need to push back to some 50+ weeks again.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Comments:
Hmmm, all I have to say is the following: Your son had better hike you up and down Mt. Si and wear you out before you and I go for a "run". I have a feeling that you would not call what I do 'running'. ;)

How was your weekend other than running? The blog world wants to know more about you... share!
 
I wish I had a friend who would push me to run faster, rather than the friends I have bake too many treats!!!
 
Tamster, My son in law found a race in Seattle and is sending me the link. I will forward it to you when I have it. Hopefully a fun 5K and we can go for sub 19 together! Son and Son in law are going to be at the race so I have to do the Alpha Dog thing and go all male and kick their tushes at the race!
 
Um, I've done one 5K. My time was like 32 minutes. I can do better than that now I'm sure, but no way I'm gettin' anywhere near a sub 19! But that just means when I cross the finish line, you'll already be waiting with my coffee! hahaha.
 
You should tell us some USMC tales from time to time!

"From the shores of Montezuma...."
 
Under the 1.30, interesting goal. Please remember Tracy that we (the Black Knight Army) don't have yet received a request of alliance from the USMC.
 
I still need to get involved in some of my local running groups...I have a list now. One of these days I might run with them!!

Humidity huh...might have to wait on coming down and doing that apartment cleaning!! I have enough of that here...:)
 
Your getting your miles back up there! Nice week!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?