Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 
Running recovery is underway!

I have had a few good runs lately including last Saturday where I did 10 miles with my running buddy Tracy. She and I ran an easy 8 miles at an 8 min per mile pace and then decided to do some speed work. We kicked into my 5K pace and sped up to 6 min/mile until she dropped back and then I slowed down to let her recover. We did that for the remaining 2 miles and made it into a very hard 10 mile work out.

Sunday I ran a easy 8 miles at a 7:45 pace and just enjoyed the day running.

Today I woke up did my 4.5 miles this morning and heading out tonight for another 4.5 miles.

Hopefully the recovery from the past race and lack of sleep is underway.

Next big race is at the end of May and I will probably find a 5K to push a sub 19:30 and gather my speed back before the 10K.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Looks like the knee's all okay - thank goodness!

Those are quality miles, Kurt. Happy training.
 
So glad you wrote...I was wondering about you! 2 4.5 mile runs in the same day. I don't have energy to do that, I'd rather do it all at once and get it over with.

Kurt...I'm really worried about this shoe issue. I have to wear the Mizuno's on Sunday's half piggy. My Brooks have little cushioning left. Will I be okay?
 
Ah now if only I could say I went out for an easy 8 at 8 pace...:) I can do the 8s, but it's not an easy workout for me!!

Oh, and in response to my post about cleaning, I'll tell ya, if you buy the plane ticket, I'll come do the cleaning...I'd like a vacation!! :)
 
RR, your better off using the older shoes in my opinion than running a half marathon in new shoes. New shoes will tear you up if they are not the right ones. If it were a 5K I would not be concerned but a half marathon is way to long to run in unproven shoes.
 
DG, that is a deal! Checking expedia now LOL. The beach is so nice this time of year here.
 
For many runners 8min/mile is already a speedwork!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?