Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 
Decent training week.

Last week I was able to run all 7 days and made 8 runs total. Total mileage was 48.1 miles for the week including two runs in the rain, one small dog that thought it might want to get stepped on and some really warm weather.

I am prepping for the marathon training schedule that I will start working on in a few weeks. I plan on doing the Las Vegas Marathon and will shoot for a goal of sub 3:20:00 (hopefully closer to 3:10:00) but have to run at least 3:30:59 to qualify for Boston. I really do hate the marathon so it will make me do some serious training. I will have a few 55-65 mile weeks in the schedule and hope to drop a few lbs on the way.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Comments:
What do you mean you "hate the marathon"? You'd finish it quicker than many of us! Good luck with the training - pleased to hear it was a satisfactory one last week.
 
WHAT? Drop a few lbs in the process? Are you crazy? You'd vanish from view. You're perfect just the way you are!
 
Wow. 65-mile week? wow. You'd have to eat like a horse to NOT drop a few lbs on that schedule! :)
 
Long miles but a great goal, good luck! You better start eating now!
 
55-65 is the range of my highest mileage and I couldn't even begin to hope for a 3:30:59...lucky!! I hit 63 for my highest (had 70 planned but leg issues kept me under that) and averaged in the 50s probably for the cycle...Nothing like a nice fast flat course for the BQ though! You'll get it easy I'm sure.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
ahah yes, you are getting into the troubles now, good luck!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?