Thursday, June 29, 2006

 
Here is a pace chart that was posted elsewhere (yep I stole it from another runner on his running board post!). I like looking at the these and see how close I come to them.

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/rununiv/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

For me I have found that using the 5K as a bench mark that most calculators underestimate the 1 mile or 2 mile times I run and for the longer distances they tend to be a bit agressive on the times for me. Still all in all they are pretty reasonably accurate within a minute on the half marathon.

The good news is this predicts a 3:10:00 marathon for me giving me a 20 min cushion for qualifying for boston. Unfortunately it does mean I have to still do the running and put in the miles (wondering if I can get fellow blogger Tryathlete to do the miles for me!).

For the Las Vegas marathon I am just planning to shoot for a 3:20 ish marathon as not to push to hard (it is all relative for each of us) so I can recover and abuse myself at Gasparilla in February. I still want to break 3hrs for the Jeep Challenge there and hopefully win more hardware and more cool clothing!

Enjoy the day everyone and as I will probably not post till after the holidays, enjoy the long weekend for the US runners!

Comments:
"Just" a 3:20 marathon? I wish....
 
You and your hardware. Sheesh!

I'm going to have to chat with you about that pace chart. :-)
 
Thanks for the Great Link calculator link.
Bill
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?