Friday, July 28, 2006

 
Running Milestone

This week I finally crossed over the 1,000 mile for the year. Took almost 7 months and I figure I am about 2 weeks behind where I should have been. The race in February, Gasparilla Jeep Challenge, took longer to recover from than I anticipated and then doing all those silly races didn't help (well not silly lots of hardware were mine to be had!).

Legs are a bit tired a bit. Last week ran 50.1 miles and should do around 52-55 miles this week. I might keep it on the low side as to just not push my mileage up to hard. Knee feels good, just the heat and humidity make it tough to put in some serious mileage these days.

Good thing I don't plan on any 60 mile weeks til the fall!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
It's been a lower milage year for me too. I'm not sure if I will ever get back up to 60 miles per week, but should get a few 50s.

It sounds like those will be good changes to your diet. Keep the proteins on the lean side though.
 
I think that is a good target despite you planned a different program. 1000 miles are a big distance. Try to put them on a map and have a look on where you could be 1000 miles far from home.
 
Those are big distance weeks Kurt. Well done on bnreaking 1,000m in July!
 
Congratulations. 1000 miles is a huge milestone!
 
You made me curious to see where my mileage was at, 1000 at the end of June (there was the marathon training in there) but it certainly seems lower lately. I think 50s for mileage is more than enough to get your BQ...considering that you're a super stud runner with the hardware to prove it!!
 
WHO-HOO!!! Good for you buddy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?