Saturday, July 08, 2006

 
Tri Span 10K results

Today I ran the one race I generally do not enjoy running. The reason I run it because of the grand prix points and have had generally not desirable results on this race.

Normally weather this time of year is horrible (extreme hot and humidity as in last weekend when I ran the freedom 5K). Today was an exception, the weather was beautiful. Temps were mid 70's and peaked at 80 right at the end of the race with much lower humidity. Still had to deal with the 3 large bridges to go up and down on but still looked forward to better results.

Split times were as follows:

Mile 1 6:27
Mile 2 6:34
Mile 3 7:19 (bridge)
Mile 4 7:16 (bridge)
Mile 5 6:48 (bridge)
Mile 6 6:32
.2 1:28

Final clock time 42:26 finished 3rd in age group M45-49 (hardware again thankfully after 2 races without winning any) but haven't seen overall results. My guess somewhere around 35th out of 600 registered participants.

I was pleased how I didn't rabbit out this time and kept myself more in check. I still feel the lack of good mileage last two months and no hills took its toll on the bridges on me. Nevertheless this is a 1:20 improvement over last year so I am thankful (I attribute most of that to the weather and not running out so fast this time).

Comments:
Another very good final time and a wonderful result in your age group. Congrats
 
Congratulations. Hardware is always good!
 
I like how you clarify your 3 miles that have the worst times. But HAH! If you call those bad, quit reading my splits then!

You're running is fantastic...and now the training for Vegas, baby!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?