Sunday, August 13, 2006

 
Another Long running week

I ran 54.25 miles this week including the speed work on Thursday. For the past 4 weeks that gives me 199.25 miles and I feel like I have finally had a good base to to build on in preparation for the Las Vegas Marathon training. Only downer is Saturday I had problems with my left knee on the 13 mile run and on todays run at the end of 10 miles I could feel it starting to tweak some.

I was particularly happy to get the miles in considering how just plain hot and miserable it has been.

This week will be a cut back week. Plan is to run around 35 miles and make sure the knee is fine. The following week I will start the longer runs with runs in the 15-20 mile ranges and get the body use to the longer distances. I will continue to do the speed work out on Thursdays and plan on doing more 800 and 1200 meter work outs along with the alternating weeks of 400 meters.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Comments:
Uh-oh! Knee pain...take it easy Kurt!
 
Yeah, take it easy with the knee pain...

And I'm so envious of 54 miles a week!!!!!!
 
Nice running week...great base and build up to Las Vegas and your goals...you have so much time, I'm kind of envious, and the heat should break a bit soon, by the time you get into your heaviest training you'll have great temps and I'll be freezing!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?