Thursday, August 24, 2006

 
Another Speed Thursday Workout

Yes it was speed work out Thursday even though not quiet as speedy as last week. I didn't sleep well this week (babies are my new excuse along with no new socks from Jessi) however I drug this aging carcass to the track and did the usual 1 mile warm up.

Again 8 x800 meter runs with 2 min recovery between laps:

1) 3:08
2) 3:11
3) 3:05
4) 3:08
5) 3:03
6) 3:08
7) 2:55
8) 2:57

2 mile cool down after that. I still plan on doing an easy 4 or so miles this afternoon to loosen a stiff back up.

If you haven't checked out Tammy's blog (I wish I knew how to link in here but she is listed on people I track) she wrote a most excellent article on breathing and excercise. Check her site out she routinely writes great articles and is a great athlete.

First week of school is in session and my youngest is enjoying her first days very much. To all the teachers, Running Rabbit, TriSara and TryPiggy (hope I didnt miss anyone) I will be hoping you all have a wonderful year teaching. And by the way thanks for educating our young folks!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Hey Kurt, thanks for the 'shout out'. If you want to know how to do links in your posts, I could send you an email on it.
 
Oh honey...you know how to do all these other things on the computer but you can't link?? You silly-dilly!

Yep...school is underway...and I am loving it!!!
 
You're gonna have to add 30-50 seconds to your split times before any socks come your way. Or, as I keep saying, just figure out a way to make me faster. I prefer the latter.
 
Not bad, even if you think they aren't speedy...you're on track on Yasso's to really run a good marathon though!!

Linking is easy, there is a button at the top of the toolbar when you are typing your blog up, it looks like a chain, click on it and it allows you to put the link (otherwise you can go to HTML mode and code it if you know the code).
 
Some impressive running weeks! I probably need to learn some fast leg turnover. You are going to be quite ready for Vegas in December.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?