Sunday, August 06, 2006

 
Las Vegas Marathon Training Update

I am in week 4 of my 22 week training for the Las Vegas marathon. First week was a bit slow due to a race but the past 3 weeks I have run 145 miles (48.3 mile avg weeks) and feel real good. I am going to force myself to take tomorrow off (yes the thing I tell running blog mates DG and Running Rabbit to do) and rest. My legs are feeling it a bit especially after Saturday's 11.65 mile run and then standing for 3.5 hrs and watching the most awesome 8 yr old in the whole world swim in her competition. She set new PR's for herself in the back, breast and fly events!! Sunday I did an easy 10 miler at an 8 min pace due to the humidity.

I have been impressed by the awesome Coach Tammy for her achievements the past few weeks along with all the teachers who are starting to gear up for school (TriSara, TryPiggy to name a few). If nothing else I appreciate the effort of the teachers who's blogs I faithfully read.

As part of my Las Vegas training I will be just doing these 40-50 mile weeks til Oct then do some 60-65 mile weeks. I still havent done a run over 15 miles and until this heat goes away I probably will not being doing real long runs.

Goal for Las Vegas still remains to get BQ with a sub 3:30:00 and should plod in somewhere around 3:20:00. Still not looking to PR but just run it and get to Boston in April of 2007.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Hello?? You forgot your favorite teacher!!! **sniffle sniffle**

You will be fine for Boston in '07. No worries. :-)
 
Yes, rest is good!! I actually took 3 days off this week to keep mileage down and rest the body...it does help. Normally I only take 1 day off...although I did do strength training on two of those days...but legs need to recover apparently!! Sounds like a good plan. I just hope I can get my BQ in Oct so can meet up with all those planning to go in April!!
 
Smart move on the rest days I reckon.
 
Nothing wrong with resting up. I missed that you are planning to run Las Vegas! I considered the 1/2 (I have friends there and I've never been), but it's just too close to my marathon in October.

I want to hear all about it!!!
 
My problem is: to race or not to race during the training for the marathon? The races help to improve the speed but give problems in following the scheduled programs. Big dilemma!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?