Thursday, August 10, 2006

 
Semi Speed Thursday work out

Today was suppose to be my speed work out but was cut short due to school coming back in session. I ran the 1.75 miles down to the local high school and they were getting ready to have a silly football game. Some sort of scrimmage from what I could gather. So I had a little time to go out and was able to get in 4 400m runs.

Times were:
1) 82
2) 83
3) 85
4) 83

90 second recovery in between the laps. Fun part was the crowd was slowly coming in and I was doing this in front of about 75-100 people and the last lap was with the football team coming out of the stadium. Was strange doing this in front of the crowd and all I could think was don't fall and don't quit! After the last lap a few of the players came over and commented that I was going pretty quick and looked good. It was a nice ego boost to hear that!

Ended up taking a long loop back and finished with 6.25 miles for the am. I will probably go out this afternoon and do an easy 3-5 miles just to keep the legs moving.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
I'm tired just reading your speed work! Sheesh!
 
I remember the days of track and running in front of the crowds...I'd feel self conscious these days!!
 
I am sure that now you are more famous!
 
I love your blog, but every time I stop by you've got these ridiculously fast times posted, and it makes me hate you. :)
 
Nothing like having one's ego rubbed to make a hard session feel great!
 
You don't look quick. You are quick!
 
Your times are impressive! I would be way too self conscious to run in front of all those people. But then, I'm not a speed demon like you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?