Thursday, August 31, 2006

 
Speed Thursday (or dreams of speed anyway)

I was at the track at 5:15 am to run 400's with my speed partner (and racing nemis Melanie who is my oldest daughters age). We agreed the night before to focus on 400's this week and try for more speed and leg turnover.

It was already 81 degrees and 98% humidity. With Ernesto coming this way the heat and humidity made the running tough, asthma kicked in and I have been fighting some flu like bug all week (aches, soreness, overwhelming desire to be run over by a truck so the stomach cramps would stop etc).

So here was the best I could do on my so called speed day. Each lap had a 90 sec recovery period:

1) 1:39 (I am a slug as you can tell we decided to push)
2) 1:26
3) 1:28
4) 1:28
5) 1:30 (target pace)
6) 1:29
7) 1:27
8) 1:28

Did the 1 mile warm up and 1.5 mile cool down. Only got sick twice doing laps (lap 5 and lap 7). So I was probably going as hard as the body could go for the day.

As requested by Speedy rabbit here are some pics of the newest runner in the household. You can see my daughter, son in law and little runner Natalie in the pic:

Well maybe later. For whatever reason blogger isnt allowing me to add photo's today. Probably annoyed at me for TMI!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
For feeling sick and wasn't this supposed to be a rest week for you? I'd say you are doing just fine. Heat and humidity can cause a lot of problems.
 
They still are good 400 times Kurt. What are your lap times on a typically good day?
 
Hope Ernesto steers clear of you guys...we were lucky although I did have my hurricane shelter kit ready just in case....

I got past by a speedy rabbit at the track who was about my nephews age (10) and it made me want to chase him down and beat him up...but at the same time i thought it was so very cool when i past his dad...
 
Take it easy if the asthma is acting up. I hope you had your inhaler at hand. Rest is always better especially if you are sick.
 
Try Piggy, I normally on a 400 with 90 sec recoveries be shooting for around 82 seconds. At this point I should be getting closer to run a 18:45 5K and setting a new Master's PR for myself. My running is clicking for the most part.
 
Let me get this straight:

5:15 in the morning, it's already 81 degrees and 98% humidity, you're fighting the flu, AND you still had those great times?

All I can say is WOW!
 
PS...POST THOSE PICS!
 
Baby doll...Yeah...I am still waiting...I WANT TO SEE HER!! And clearly I have no patience.

We totally keep missing one another. Whenever will we connect again??
 
"I only got sick twice"

Yeah, um... well... That's mental fortitude! Or insanity... depending on perspective ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?