Thursday, August 03, 2006

 
Speed Thursday

Today I did some speedwork with a group of friends. It was nice to get together with a group and push ourselves.

We started at 6 am and it was already 83 degrees and extremely humid. It did end up affecting me and triggering some asthma issues during the drills.

Started with a 1.5 mile warm up

3 x800 meters
Times were 2:45, 3:00 2:55 (wanted to push myself)

5x400 meters (asthma kicked in so not enough breath do real hard)
times were 82, 83,85,83, 84

1.75 mile cool down

Overall felt okay on the speed work need to work on consistency more and pushing it harder when the weather cools off.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Good work on the intervals. How much rest do you have in between?
 
Funny...my racing times early track season for 800 was 2:45...my best time I think was about 2:32 or so...those were some slow 400s though...just kidding!! Be careful with the asthma and hot!
 
I was taking 2 min rest between them. Normally I would take 90 sec rest before repeating them. With the humidity and the heat I elected to give myself more rest time.
 
It's really nice to do speedwork with friends, it's so hard to push it on your own. I can't believe it was so hot for you even at 6AM. Way to stick with it.
 
Nice speed workout! Definitely helps to have other people to push you.
 
Holey crap "wanted to push myself"!?! I'd have to be on a scooter to clock those times! Way to go :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?