Thursday, August 17, 2006

 
Speed Thursday workout

Yep it is that day again and once more I woke up before the sun was up and went to the track at 5:30 am for speed workouts. Bit cooler and tad less humid this time and the need for speed was burning for a change:

The goal was to run 8 x 800 with each one a tad faster than the one before it.

Here are the splits:
1) 3:13 (still waking up)
2) 3:08
3) 3:07
4) 3:03
5) 3:02
6) 2:57
7) 2:57
8) 2:56

2 min rest in between with a 1 mile warm up and 2 mile cool down.

The easier week this week (took Monday off and only ran 5 on Tue and 6 on Wed) really helped.

I also decided it was time to get new socks (funny thing to think of while running splits I know) so off to the store today for new socks (unless blog mate Jessi will use her new wealth from her second job to send me Socks!).

Training for the marathon continues to go well. Planning on an easy 4 miles on Friday and then 13 or so on Sat with a 10 miler on Sunday.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Comments:
Ah, you're one of the early birds too, although you are an hour ahead of me...I was up and out the door at 5:35 for a tempo run, will blog about it in a bit. Way to meet the goal of consistently faster. One of these days I'm going to get out for some real fast speed work...maybe next cut back week. I still want to see what I could do a hard 1600 in...maybe use that as a max heart rate day!!
 
Excellent job! It means that you are in perfect shape.
 
I will send you new socks when my splits are as fast as yours.

SO THERE.
 
Running Rabbit has nice socks - if you like red that is!
 
Red has always been my color WM.
:-)

Getting up that early down there do you have problems with bats??
 
Those are fast times! I LOVE new socks! Be sure to get some wild ones, they always make me run faster! ; )
 
VERY nice splits! Speed demon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?