Sunday, August 27, 2006

 
Week in Review

Another week down in the quest for the BQ at the Las Vegas Marathon. Total miles for the week 56.5 miles including a 16.5 mile run on Saturday and ongoing speed work on Thursday.

I could feel how tired I was on my 8 mile run today. I am taking Monday off to rest and recover.

Overall training is 7 weeks down out of the 22 weeks. I am 49.25 miles ahead of schedule in part I am also going to attempt to run a 1:29:00 half marathon mid November and set my Masters PR on a difficult course. It will give me a feel for how I am doing on the Marathon.

A quick note about speed work outs. Speed is relative and work outs need to be tailored to each individual and what their goals are. I am a big believer for the 5K that 200/400 meters are the ideal work outs. Most runners need to learn leg turnover and setting a fast 200 is critical for that. Feel free to email me off line and I will be happy to give you some thoughts on what the splits should be for them.

Grandbaby continues to thrive so life is good.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Comments:
1.29 is a very fast half marathon. I am sure you will succeed.
 
Wow 1.29 is very fast! Do you want to qualify for Boston?

Glad to hear the babe continues to do well.
 
When will blog land get to see some pics, grandpa???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?