Sunday, August 20, 2006

 
Week in Review

It was a planned easy week this week before I start getting serious for the next few weeks on doing some more intense training. Ran just 38 miles this week and did end up taking last Monday and Friday off. Only hard day was Thursday where I did my speed work out. Saturday and Sunday were both easy 10 milers.

This coming week should be more challenging with my usual speed work out on Thursday, 16 or so miles on Saturday and the usual 10 miler on Sunday. I will probably be in mid 50 miler range for miles as I start increasing my mileage up and peak out at the mid to upper 60 mile weeks.

Goals continue to be run a sub 1:30:00 on a challenging half marathon course in November and do around 3:15:00 for the Las Vegas Marathon.

The sock quest continues. I waited for Jessi to send some but she agreed to run 3 min half miles and I accepted that in lieu of socks. She is going to get faster and faster! Running Rabbit has some newly red minted socks but I will pass on those as I only prefer white socks at this time. Perhaps DG has socks but she might be stuffing them in some peoples mouth at her work by now so I guess I am off this week to look for the right running socks for me again!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Well, actually I said that if I ever run 3-min half-miles then I will send you socks.

So perhaps you should clue me in on your training secrets?

Or do you think it might work the opposite way? If I send you socks then will I magically start running 3-min half-miles?
 
I love my cushioned double layer wright socks...they are great for long runs. I also found some lighter ones that I like but don't know the name of...ned to get to my running store and find out!! They were given to me by a sales guy for trying on shoes one day (he was liking my friend so gave us both something)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?