Sunday, September 10, 2006

 
This and That Update

It has been a very unusual few weeks for me. Here are some updates on what is happening:

1) Last night my daughter won most improved swimmer for the females on her swim team. There are about 300 people on her team and I was the very proud father!

2) My company that I am the CFO for was sold and the new company is retaining me. Might involve a move to Pittsburgh down the road but all good news.

3) I am recovering from viral encephalitis. Living in NC makes this a risk and that disease knocked me on my butt for a few weeks. It has really cut back on my running and last week I only ran 38 miles and this week will end up around 40 I think. Headaches and aches are almost gone which is good. Even though there is a high rate of permanment issues with the disease the dr and I feel that the worse is behind me and I should be fully back to my normal self soon.

4) Yesterday I ran a 5 mile race and because of the above I ran really lousy. Final time was 34:14 or about 2 - 2:30 slower than I would normally do. It will take me a few more weeks to get over this fully but should not affect my plans for the half marathon in November or full marathon in December.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Wow..It has been quite a few weeks for you. Good luck with the new company--I know how stressful that can be. I've worked at essentially the same desk for 6 years and have worked for 3 different companies.

Sometimes change is good.

Congrats to your daughter, and I hope you recover very quickly from your illness.

Take care.
 
Feel better soon! Rest up!
 
Congratulations to your daughter!

Get well soon.
 
Congrats to your daughter. I am sure that many runners would like to finish a 5 miles race in 34.14!
 
OK, don't think I want to move to NC anymore!! And hey, what's this, you trying to convince me I should live there yet you might be moving to PA what gives?? :)
 
I hope you recover quickly! Congrats to your daughter.
 
Update??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?