Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 
Easy week

I actually did an easy week for a change. I only ran 30.1 miles last week and my legs are almost able to feel normal again. I am still bothered by my heal (heal spurs are no fun) but it is manageable. Knees and ankles are getting back to normal and rarely bother me except when I first warm up.

I have a race Saturday (10K) and then the big half marathon in just under 2 weeks. I am also officially 40 days away from the marathon (viva Las Vegas!).

YTD I am about at 1,600 miles and ahead of last years mileage. I will have less total runs (less 2x a day this year) but more longer miles. Next year I will have to find a way to incorporate both to get myself back in 5K shape.

There have been several runners who I know completed the Chicago and Marine Corps Marathon. Even if you didn't achieve the time you wanted (Special note to Dani here) we are all proud of you for doing it and still doing it well.

I am also working on better excuses and global warming, election mayhem, failure to visit Alaska in the winter, not enough Science Geek Tuesday from Coach Tammy along with still no new running socks from Jessi continue to rise to the top as top reasons when I need them for whatever race I do. Afterall I do believe in being prepared for the big races! (Side note to all the excuses are my nutty humor and not to be taken seriously except for the lack of new socks!).

Comments:
Good luck for the race on Saturday. I hope those heel spurs go away soon too.
 
Do you ever NOT race on the weekend?? :-)
 
Science-Geek/Coach Tammy recommends a shorter mileage rest week. But as long as I am somehow an excuse for you, my job here is done. Cheers!
 
Now new socks are easy enough to come by!! Yeah, I'm still a bit bummed, but dealing...just hoping to now get some joy back into running without any specific things I NEED to do...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?