Monday, October 23, 2006

 
Modify my Training

I did something I rarely do, I changed my training plan. I decide to move my long run up a week so I would have a full 3 weeks to taper for the half marathon on Nov 12th. So after the long runs of 2 weeks ago, I did 10 on Saturday at marathon pace (7:30ish) and then Sunday did 21 with 2 friends at just slightly over 8 min miles. I admit I was hurting at the end of the Sunday run but still hoping for a sub 3:20:00 at Las Vegas. Mileage for the week was just 49 miles and will cute back to 30 or so miles this week and next.

I will take an easy week this week, next week have a 10K to run and then going to do the half marathon all out in 3 weeks. Goal is sub 1:30:00 or totally blow it on the race.

On a side note whoever the idiot at Chicago who put plastic down at the finish line should be taken out and horse whipped. Lets see plastic, rain and we have created a slip and slide. Lets hope the winner from Kenya remains okay.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Sometimes it's good to modify the plan. Was it raining in Chicago though? I heard mixed things on what they think might have caused him to slip.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?