Monday, October 02, 2006

 
This was a small race with about 75-100 runners for the 5K and about half of that for the 21K in Oswego NY (about 30 miles from SyracuseNY). All I can say is compared to the Plainfield race you can see the difference between a well organized race and one that is so-so organized. Bottom line is I have no idea on my time as the last mile was very twisty and there was no one at the the turn to point me to the last 200 meters. It was down a little path that I ran right past and by time I found it I dropped from 3rd to 6th and lost a few minutes. I was so annoyed with the race director that I forgot to stop my watch and the race director's excuse was everyone knows where to turn when I conforted her on the lousy finishing. Explaining to her that I was from NC she seemed shocked that someone would show up and run her race and had not considered that someone might need to have somoene point them to the finishing turn. Nevertheless I finished top in Age Group and still beat son in law, I did run the first mile very comfortably at 6:01 (no 2 mile split) and felt very strong through out the race. Once they post the race results I should be able to figure out where I would have finished time wise (the guy who I passed in the last half mile knew the turn but didn't say anything to me as I went past the turn). I guess in the end it doesn't really matter and I just have to focus on the next set of races.

Comments:
Ok, let's take a deep breath together. Breathe iiiinnnnn.... and hold it!... and relleeeeeeeeeeease. There. Feel better? Good. :)

*&^#@ New York race directors!
 
"Comfortable 6:01."

I'm so done with your blog...you are too damn fast for me!
 
Don't complain, 2 years ago the organization here gave the start 5 minutes before the official time and I was not there (busy with a pit stop for the pee pee)! The year before for a mistake part of the pack ran 21.1 and another part (where I was) more than 24 km! For both the troubles I got the next 2 race numbers for free!
 
Top in Age Group again! As far as I'm concerned, 3rd place overall! Congratulations.
 
How frustrating! Good thing there are more races! I can't imaging what it's like running a "comfortable" 6:01 mile. I'm hoping to be able to run a comfortable 9:00 minute mile by end of 2007!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?