Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 
Working on my Excuses

With 3 weeks to go to the half marathon and my goal of not achieving sub 1:30:00 I am starting to work on the excuses why I didn't make it.

Here are what I have come up with so far:
1) Weather (to hot, to cold, to windy, etc just pick one)
2) Bridges hurt my feet
3) Food didn't settle
4) Dani's fault for making me dig holes at the beach to bury all her former roommates
5) Tammy's fault for making me think of Pigs running in my head
6) Blog mate Tryathlete for reason 5 above
7) To much fun thinking of Las Vegas

and the last one so far

8) Jessi's fault for not sending me the socks to be speedy in

Yep I am good at working up excuses on not achieving my goals! Only 3 more weeks and the taper madness has begun.

Comments:
I'm sorry, I know those holes are a problem....I have a new roommate now too! But she's a good friend, hopefully I won't get annoyed with her and want her buried!!

You can use my excuse, the taper nuttiness got to me and I cut my fingers with a scissors...and the blood loss caused you to lose it!

Of course you aren't going to need the excuses cause you are going to get the sub 1:30...I need a list for myself for this weekend!
 
Typical. Blaming 3 women for all your woes. What a lucky guy you are to have three women to blame, eh? ;)
 
How about:

9) Saving my energies for the next half

Time to also start working on the "How I didn't think I'd make it but I did" list. Mention of a pig in there somewhere would be good!
 
Brain fog....it's ALWAYS a good excuse!

Plus bad ankles too.
 
How about 10) Saving energy for the taper.

I have a feeling you'll do just fine.
 
Good excuses, but not GOOD ENOUGH!
 
If you commit yourself you can find other good excuses that you ...will forget at the start of the race.
 
Nice excuses...i'll have to remember those next time! I KNOW you will do fine...and within your goal!
 
Damn, I REALLY have to do a better job keeping up with your blog because I never know what kind of slander I will find! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?