Friday, November 03, 2006

 
Easier week

Despite Coach Tammy's efforts to make me run more miles I have successfully manage to cut back my miles this week. This is in the plan and I will end up around 35 miles after the weekend.

Saturday I have the race at Bald Head Island. Weather is suppose to be low 50's with winds between 15-20 mph. Wish it was a bit warmer and no wind but it will be a good race nevertheless. Melanie and I will do our usual battle for bragging rights and we are both hoping for sub 41 on this race.

On a more serious note I saw this site on a running board. Check out www.runlizrun.com

It is the story of a cancer patient fighting the cancer and continuing the run. I don't Liz but would be honored to run a race with her one day. It puts running into what it should be, running for life, for ourselves and for what is important. It isn't about the speed, the hardware or beating others. Running is truly a blessing I cherish and provides so much to me. I am grateful to be a runner.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Good luck for Saturday - no excuses!
 
Hey, don't give me a bad name here. Everyone in blog-land knows, I am the voice of reason. Tell that to my damn hamstring though :(
 
I am scared now of coach Tammy! Destroy the enemies on saturday (today)!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?