Monday, November 27, 2006

 
Grand Prix Update

Like a lot of clubs ours has a Grand Prix (a series of races). This year we had 10 races, 2 half marathons, 4 10K's, 2 8K's and 2 5K's. After competing in each of the races I won the whole GP series. I am not the fastest runner but do compete in each race as hard as I can. This is the 4th year that I have won my age group, 2nd for overall male and first year winning the overall total.

I am happy to have done it finally and despite training for the marathon, suffering from bothviral encephalitis and mononucleous (sp?) along with the various aches this year, I am happy to have accomplished this goal.

Next year I will not focus on it as much as finally getting my 5K time back down to where it should be and be more competitive next year.

Enjoy the day and I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Holiday!

Comments:
Truly you are the king. You rock!
 
Congrats on the big win!! I'm going to maybe try the Grand Prix series around here...anyone that does all 14 races that are part of it this year wins a special prize...
 
What an accomplishment my friend!
:-)
 
Sir Kurt, no doubt that you will always win! The Grand Prix is a good idea to gather all the members of a running team. Here the clubs don't organize such kind of races, they prefer to "bring" all the athletes to the events where they (the clubs) can receive money.
 
Holy Moly!

Nicely done!
 
Congrats!!!! That's awesome. I've thought about doing that here (Run and See GA), but just don't know if I have the time....
 
Wow! Congrats!

Hey, only 1 week before Las Vegas!
 
you are going to rock, kurt!! But what rocks the most is the relationship that you and maddie have. That BQ is yours, but family is much much more important.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?