Monday, November 20, 2006

 
Last race before Marathon Report

Sunday I ran my favorite 5K and it was the end of my last hard week of training. Unfortunately the half marathon really took its toll on me and the legs were just tired and with out a good break I didn't do as well as I did last year.

Overall time was 19:37 and finished 3rd in Age group and 16th overall. I was 20 seconds slower than last year but given the training and the last 3 races I was in the time I expected to be.

Next year I might skip the half marathon and target this 5K for a time around 18:50.

Oh on the bright side I beat Melanie. She was complaining of being tired and she only race a few times this past week. She was still first female but I still enjoyed beating her but hate that I lost to Jeff B. Oh well there is next year!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
A great final time. You are very strong to run all those race in a row. And now the marathon!
 
I think both of us should target 18:50 for our 5Ks next year. 19:37 is still decent considering you didn't rest before the 5K.

Way to beat the females!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?