Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 
Marathon Travel Plans

The other day Coach Tammy calls me up and our conversation went something like this:

Coach T: K I am booking your flights for the marathon and putting in an incentive program for you

Me: Umm, I think I can book my own flight and what incentive program would I need after you made me do all those races and distances?

Coach T: Stop sweating the little stuff and trust me. You will like this plan. I will book it all and call you right back.

So after taking all my information and credit card number she calls me back

Coach T: Okay it is done. You have a flight going into Las Vegas on Thursday and that will give you a few days to adjust to the time zone and weather.

Me: Good idea and good thinking.

Coach T: Your flight out is that Sunday afternoon after the race

Me: Okay sounds good what time?

Coach T: It leaves at 12:25 pm

Me: What? Why so soon?

Coach T: Yep, race starts at 6 am, you run less than 3:30:00 then you can get to the hotel and change and make the airport and flight. You run slow, your on the redeye and pay the change fees. You have your incentive plan!

After I groan and whine I hang up and have decided running marathons suck.

Comments:
Talk about motivation.
 
No way. Did she really do that? The scary thing is... I believe it.
 
hi - i've seen your comments on other blogs, so i thought i'd visit . .

you're coach sounds hilarious! what if you run really fast and wanna celebrate back on the strip before a flight out?
 
LOL.... I am laughing so hard right now! Hey, it occurs to me that I forgot to bill you for my time. The invoice is in the mail ;) Go get 'em Tiger!
 
Are you for real? That is one incentive plan I would do without!
 
Tammy is a tyrant not a coach! But please don't show this comment to her!
 
I still can't believe you are flying out right after the marathon! Not long now....how's tapering?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?