Sunday, November 05, 2006

 
Saturday I ran this race for the 4th year in the row. This race is interesting as you never know what the weather is going to be like and this year was no different. Weather temps were cool in the mid 50's but it was very windy with very strong gusts. Still it was beautiful to see the ocean and the white caps as they broke on the island.

Melanie and I left Wilmington around 9 am (race is at 12:30 but we had to catch the 10:30 Ferry to the Island). We arrived on time and found many of our running buddy's there. We did a decent warm up (3 miles as it was cold). My expectations were to go hard for the race and just see what I could do. I expected Melanie to break 40 minutes and place in overall females.

My split times:
Mile 1 6:10 (no wind)
Mile 2 6:32 (against the wind)
Mile 3 6:49 (strong wind and rolling hills)
Mile 4 6:46 (last of the rolling hills but dissapointed with this mile)
Mile 5 6:45 (being wimpy at this point)
Mile 6 6:22 (finally ran a decent mile again)
.2 1:32

Total time 40:58

Overall 11th out of roughly 150, 3rd in age group.

Melanie finished in 40:03 and 2nd female. Overall female ran 37:38. Top two males ran sub 35 min 10K's.

Overall I am pleased with my time, my fastest 10K in a few years and finally seem to be getting some decent times in. Still have a bit of work to do on it but look forward to the half marathon and see how I do in the goal to break 1:30:00 or face the wrath of Coach Tammy!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
Congrats!! And Good Lord, a 6:45 mile is no where near "wimpy!".
 
MAN! Great job! I'm gettin' there...don't hate me, but I only did 24:32 today. I need some of your speed! I was actually OK with that though...here's a little secret...I just signed up for a half mary in 2 weeks and am going to try and PR there!

Don't tell! :)
 
Well done Kurt. Glad you are pleased with how you did too!
 
Your previous comment made me laugh!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?