Tuesday, December 05, 2006

 
It does Loom.

After spending weeks solving Try Piggy's C-E riddle I realized in 5 days I run the Las Vegas Marathon. I am still struggling with a left hammie and left knee that are not fully healed up for the effort a few weeks ago on the half marathon. Still I believe I can still run a sub 3:20:00 at least given my miles and training.

Only down side has been I have never recovered my favorite running socks that Jessi ran away with. Oh well.

On the bright side my youngest child, Maddie, turned 9 on the 1st. So keeping with the tradition we took her out to dinner on Friday, a movie on Saturday (stranger than fiction and it is very good) and Sunday I rented a roller skate rink for 2 hrs and had 30 or so yelling crazy 8-10 yr old kids. Good time was had by all and when it was done my daughter told me I was the best dad in the world and she loved me. In the end that means a lot more to me than the marathon.

Enjoy the day everyone. Next post will be after the marathon. I go down on Thursday and check the city out for a few days before the race!

Comments:
Ddddear Kurt,

The puzzle can't be all that ddddddifficult!

It was nice of you to rent the rink. Bet everyone had a lot of fun, and that it wasn't just Maddie thinking "mine's the best dad in the world" - every kid must have gone home thinking "Maddie's dad's the best in the world".

Good luck for the marathon!
 
That comment about your daughter put a big smile on my face. 30 years later, and I still think my dad is the best dad I've ever had (haha).

Good luck on the marathon! Can't wait to read the report!
 
That's a sweet story and I believe her!

Have a great marathon!
 
Good luck in Lost Wages! YOu can do it!!!
 
Kick butt on the course. I was just realizing that your marathon must be about here. I'm sure the sub 3:20 will be there, even with the issues. Enjoy the city. I know I always do, but I could never go that early with a marathon on the horizon...I just have too much fun in that city.
 
Nothing is better than a day with the children. No mercy in Las Vegas, go and sack the city!
 
Have a great run...by now you probably are almost finished? :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?