Sunday, December 24, 2006

 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Yes twas the day before Xmas and I finally am posting well wishes to everyone for a great and happy 2007.

2006 was a good year running wise. I will have run close to 1,850 miles this year, did the Jeep Challenge at Gasparilla (2nd place male masters woo hoo!) along with several new hardware from age group awards, and won the Grand Prix Competition for the running club I am in. The only negatives were I bonked on the Las Vegas Marathon, sore and still sore left hamstring, never recovered the stolen socks from Jessi and didn't run a sub 19 min 5K this year.

Goals for next year are to run 18:45 5K and sub 40 min 10K. At soon to be 46 years old it is more challenging to keep the speed down with age.

It has been a real joy to me to watch and read the blogs of you. I do take joy in the accomplishments that others have done and continue to strive for. In the end it is the journey that matters, not the destination (okay I admit I am still somewhat a hardware junkie).

May 2007 be a blessed and joyful year to each and everyone of you.

Enjoy the day.

Labels:


Comments:
You meant 275 runs between us, right? I'll do 50 at the most, and I'll kindly let you have the rest, because I know you like them more than I do.

I hope when I'm 46 I'll get to your speed.

Merry Christmas. Have a great 2007!
 
You have had a good year! Those sound like some attainable goals for next year.

In answer to your questions, I'm probably going for a 3:05 on my next marathon since it is a hilly course.

For the 5K this weekend, I'm not sure. I have a long run I need to do on Sunday, but will move it to Friday.

I would say it took me about 3 weeks to feel like I was recovered from my last marathon.
 
I wanted to add that with your sore hamstring, you might want to not push it as much for awhile longer.

I think the recovery period can vary depending on any injuries we may have before or after the marathon.
 
Looks like a nice year...I have no idea yet on my goals and 2006 is closing down fast.

I did end up leaving a bit early last Friday too...most of finance was already gone and the EVP did see me and tell me to go...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?