Monday, January 22, 2007

 
Back to normal running.

Last week I manage to get 47.5 miles of running in. This despite the rain and freezing rain we had. The speed work sort of sucked, could barely keep the pace going for the intervals of running 5:30 pace with 8:00 pace for 4 miles. Sunday I did do 16 mile run at an easy 8:10 pace as my knee, hamstring and heel are all still tender. Nothing to serious but didn't want to push it to hard.

This week I still plan on running somewhere between 42-50 miles and do some 800 meter work at the track on Thursday along with double runs on Tue and Thur.

Feels good to finally be past the slug stage and moving up to snail stage. Still a lot of work to do to get ready for the Flying Pig and running a decent half marathon.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Comments:
I wish I could even just run some 8:30s...but alas, if you want to really feel like a slug or a snail come north and try running on the icy roads!!

47 is defintiely nice...I had 47 last week I think, would've been 40 this week if not for the snow on Sunday (I KNEW I should've run long on Saturday.
 
16 miles at an easy 8:10 pace... you are speedy!!! Sounds like you had a good week even with bad weather.

Weather here sucks too... cold and snowed again. The roads, sidewalks, etc have been covered with ice since Dec. I am hoping there will be enough sun and warmer weather this week so that I can run outside this weekend.
 
Glad you're not pushing it too hard, and only doing 42-50 miles/week. D'oh!! Get a hobby man! Oh wait, this IS your hobby... oh well ;) take care of that leg!
 
With that mileage you can easily run a whole marathon. Take care of your knee.
 
Thanks for your comments Kurt. Hope that knee gets better soon.
 
If you're at the snail stage WTF am I at?? :-(
 
With your mileage, you'll have a decent half. Nice easy 16 miler!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?