Monday, January 01, 2007

 
Here are the basics of my last year and comparisions to the previous years:

Year # of Runs Total Miles Avg Run Distance
2006 313 1,853.10 5.920447284
2005 329 1,825.15 5.547568389
2004 285 1,683.90 5.908421053

Overall 2006 I ran around 25 or so races (I lost count) and placed in the age group in almost all of them. My hightlight of the year was Gasparilla where I won 2nd place male master out of the 400 or so who competed in the 3 races for the Jeep Challenge.

Other highlights included setting course PR's on several courses and a new Master's PR in the half marathon. I also won the overall Grand Prix series this year after struggling with some illness earlier in the year.

I met several new people this year. The Reliable Leslie and her husband, Coach Tammy, Bill the slow twin and his brother the fast twin, and Bruce The How in Chicago. I met Matt and several others in Las Vegas for dinner for a large group meeting the night before the race.

I have enjoyed getting to know the circle of blog friends and look forward to watching the progress of everyone as they continue to run and face new challenges.

Overall it was a good year but now it is time for me to focus on running faster for 2007. I will also have to break down and buy me new favorite racing socks as they are still somewhere either in Seattle (being held hostage by Jessi no doubt)

Enjoy the day and the year everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
25 races? HOLY SHIT! I'm tired just thinking about that!
 
Good job on the races. That's about what I ran too. I'm in good company. Let's get faster in 2007! Sub-19 min 5Ks would be nice!
 
Here's to more hardware. Have a great 2007!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?