Thursday, January 11, 2007

 
I feel like a slug.

Yes I have officially hit slug status. No speed, to much craving for chocolate and not enough runs. Sure I could blame the marathon last month or other such physical issues. They no doubt have contributed to them.

The real reason is I am just not focused right now. To distracted by things going on in life (ah the attempt to find balance is always a struggle). With my body recovering faster than my mental focus I need to start getting into the groove again. I have cancelled going to any races for the next month and will not run another race until early March. That will be a 5K and I am going to target as close to 19 minutes as I can achieve. This will require focus and actually doing my speed work.

I have always considered myself an average runner who trys hard. Now is the time to start trying hard again. Time to build up the mileage, do the Thursday track work outs and 2 x a day on Tuesday and Thursday.

Focus is what I have to find again.

Comments:
I aspire to your "average" times Kurt.
 
Kurt honey, you damn well you are far from AVERAGE! Now stop that!
 
Yes I also aspire to
your "average" times! Congrats for the 1:36:17 in the half marathon.
 
Average runner...yeah right...let's see, I have run your mile paces...in 1 mile increments during high school!! (best mile ever was a 5:40, actually that was a 1600 too, come to think of it!)
 
*Gulp*...average? Oye vey!

Sure could use you to pace me to a 5K up here--you could run it backwards in your sleep and still help me PR ;)

I promise I will start doing my speedwork...as soon as I can...which might not be for a while, unfortunately... :) (You pickin' up what I'm layin' down?)
 
Your average times would be my dream times! I realized quite some time ago that I am no speed demon. I'm just glad to be able to go the distance.

Believe me, if someone told me had to run a sub 20min 5k or else, it would no longer fall under the it's just a 5k category. For me, that would be a harder challenge than any other training or race I have ever done.
 
Hey coach! :) ha ha

My email's saraziemnik@earthlink.net Not sure where yours is....?
 
You can do it!!!
 
Hey Kurt... thanks for the comments!

So many firsts planned for this year... I haven't really established any official goals. My focus for the past couple of months has been on improving on the bike (hence the 3 hour trainer ride), so I hope to make some gains there. Other than that, I don't know... do my best. I think more solid goals will evolve as I get further into the year and my training.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?