Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 
Training for Flying Pig half Marathon (Sunday May 6th) is underway.

Despite my feeling like a slug lately and running slower than I would like, I have started my Pig training. Of course this means Try Piggy needs to come across the pond and run it with me (he can be the Pace Piggy). I suspect Running Rabbit (she can be the pace bunny) will run that race not sure who else will though.

Goal for this week is just get my mileage back into the 40+ mile for the week as I start pushing it closer to 45-50 mile weeks. Tuesday did my first 2 x day for the year, will do it again on Thursday with some attempt at track work on the second session. Hopefully will be able to do 6 x 800 meters at a 3 min pace. Goal for the race is to break 1:30:00 on a rolling hill course. Should be challenging and fun to try.

It finally became cold (it was 35 and windy) and will stay that way for a few days. I actually had to wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt for a change.

Comments:
Ohhh, gloves and long sleeves. Life is rough on the coast, eh? :)

Found your blog via Danielle.

Happy Running!
 
The Flying Pig HM organizers invited me to pace the 1:15 group, but I turned them down.

Good luck with the training!
 
I loved the Flying Pig last year. I hit the half at 1:30:52 and that was with a long incline. You'll have that same incline between mile 5 - 8. It sounds bad, but really isn't since it comes early and isn't that steep of a climb. Then your course flattens out and you can finish strong with the drop in elevation.
 
That's a lot of mileage and you are fast!! Good luck getting back into things.
 
You sound happy about the cold...what's up with that??

I'm not sure when I'll get back to double days. I guess in a way I have been as I have been doing crosstraining at lunch some days and runs after work, but it's been a long time since I ran morning and afternoon...have fun with it.
 
having a spring race goal will be great to keep you training through the winter while you have to wear those gloves. you have great goals!
 
BABY!!! Why didn't you call or text me that you are for REAL doing this?!?!? I AM SO THRILLED NOW!!!!! Now I have to stick with my training....no backing out now!!! YEAH!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?