Sunday, January 07, 2007

 
Yesterday I ran the Half marathon and it has been 4 weeks to the date since the Vegas Marathon. I was not expecting a PR but thought I would produce acceptable results for myself.

Unfortunately the body felt otherwise, legs are still beat up and with the warm temps (it was 70 degrees for the race) creating asthma issues I ran my 2nd worse half marathon. Final time was 1:36:17 and finished 3rd in age group (M 45-49). It is a small race and not as competitive so that allowed me to win some hardware.

I am still sore from the effort of yesterday and realize I need to take some more time off to fully recover. Lower legs just don't feel good and I am probably 4 weeks away from getting the "fire in the belly" again. Goal is still to run a 40 min 10K at Oak Island and break 1:30:00 at the Flying Pig half marathon.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Kurt

Comments:
Hey, don't fret it...it's only been 4 weeks, usually it takes more than that to fully recover, particularly after the hard marathon you ran and your injury. Relax and let yourself recover.
 
My Gawd Man... Take A BREAK!!! :)
 
You're doing the PIG??!!! So jealous! Very fun race. I did the full in '05 and had a BLAST. Wish I could be there to cheer ya on!
 
Hi Kurt... thanks for the welcome.

Definitely give yourself a break. I had a similar experience this past fall. Went all out at a half marathon getting a PR, then a few weeks later running another half in my worst time ever. The legs just wouldn't go.

Good luck with your 2 future goals!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?