Monday, February 12, 2007

 
Cut back week.

I finally was able to take a decent cut back week. Ran only 27.5 miles this past week which included the race on Saturday and Sunday doing just 10 miles with the group. Again just an easy chatting pace at 7:55 pace (we started slower but gradually kept it going a bit faster as the miles went on as we were all just plugging after the race on Saturday).

This coming week, I think it will be back to low 40's and two sessions of speed work as I try to find my speed again. Will be running a 5K on March 3rd and do want to get it closer to 19 min on this course. I will need to in order to win hardware in the M 45-49 age group and it should be competitive!

Enjoy the day everyone.

P.S. I decided I am Anna Nicole's baby father. Now they need to pay me money to hush me up also.

Comments:
Maybe I need to take a page from your book on cutbacks. My lowest cutback type week so far this year I know was still in the 30s, could be why I'm tired.
 
easy chatting pace of 7:55 - you gotta love that! you don't wanna be anna nicole's baby's father - no amount of money would be worth living that soap opera.
 
(laughing at the Anna Nicole comment...)
 
I still say you are majorly speedy... even at your "slow" pace.
 
For a lot of people the 7:55 pace is a deadly pace, not an easy one!
Congrats for the victory in your age group!
 
I think I'm finally at a 14:30 comfortable chatting pace.

Good luck on your upcoming race.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?