Saturday, February 03, 2007

 
Letting Go

I think one of the most difficult things we do as people is letting go of relationships that are not working out for us. I recently (last night) decide to end my relationship with X.

I called my support group (my children) and talked to to first my oldest daughter and she was supportive but then promptly asked when could I fly up to baby sit my grand daughter. Talking to my Son In Law he felt it was time to move on also and then asked if I could watch Natalie for a weekend.

Second call to oldest son was not returned. It was pre UNC basketball party night so will not hear from him til later.

Third call to youngest son (in the Navy) was more of the same as he said do what you need to do and can I send him some money.

Talking with my youngest and 4th child she said dump X and can I order the new Harry Potter book.

A call into Coach T told me to dump the hussy and join her quest to amend the constitution and re elect Bush (sorry Tammy he can't).

I tried calling A. Maria but all she kept talking about was Army guy, something about eloping and being married by Elvis.

So after all that I sat down with X. I looked at X and finally said it isn't you, it is me.

I then took X put X in the trash. Yes, one to many holes in my favorite racing socks.

Time to let go and head to Target for new socks.

Comments:
Sorry but I don't understand if X is a person or a couple of socks. I am not joking.....I beg your pardon.
 
oh, aren't you too funny! But, if you EVER, EEEEVER use my name and the words "re-elect Bush" in the same sentence again, well... let's just say your socks won't be the only thing with holes in it! ;)

If you come out to babysit your grand daughter, let me know... I think Jessi gave me your new socks.
 
oh wait, is she in New York? I can't keep your family straight!
 
Oh good lord...I know where my mind is...You got me completely (and I must've selectively ignored the last bit) until I read black knight's comment.

Now I'm saved from the icky embarrassing "sympethetic end of relationship" post.

Thank goodness the Bush thingie was a joke too.

Did you know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary? ; )
 
Ah Kurt...you have a selfish family...time to get rid of them too! OK, maybe not, but hey, you know, and if you're sending money....: )
 
I, too, was snared until I read BK's comments.

Does X have a twin?
 
I was over here reading this to Troy before I ever read the bottom...good story!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?