Monday, February 26, 2007

 
This week was a shorter but intense running week.

Mileage for the week was only 31.5 miles this week but included the track work out previously posted, a trip to NY and 11.1 mile run early Sat a.m. at my tempo pace (hr was 75% despite only running 7:30 pace). This week I plan on cutting back to a real easy mileage week and then run hard on the 5K Saturday. Breathing issues continue to bother me a change in medication should take care of that.

I will be doing the 1 mile fun run with my youngest this Saturday about a hr before the race. I look forward to spending that time with her and when she receives her Finishing Medal she will have that big smile that all parents love.

After that I go (hopefully close to 19 min) on the 5K and I want to win hardware (it is actually a painting a local artist does) for my age group (M 45-49). This race is also the South East Regional RRCA 5K championship race so I look forward to the competition.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Good luck on Saturday! I will be eagerly awaiting the race report and a picture of the painting you are going to win.
 
I hope it's 5K in 19 too.
 
Good luck with the 5k you will SMOKE IT! :) I look forward to reading about it. Have a good week
 
Welcome to the bounty killer club! The hardware will be your next loot.
 
You are in magnificent shape. And you're reminding me too to start strapping on the old heart monitor (haven't done that in a while).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?