Saturday, February 10, 2007

 
Today I ran a 5K that was actually 3.2 miles (3 of us with GPS all had the same distance). It was a bit cool with starting temps of 34 and was run on the local University. I have always enjoyed this race as some years the course is long, it has numerous turns as you go around dorms, buildings and parking lots, trails and other fun items that make this course unique. The other interesting item that it is either short or long and always changing each year due to construction or sporting events that are taking place. You just really never know what your going to get with this race but is still fun.

I was curious to see where I was at with my lack of speed work and in the past week I have been fighting some asthma issues triggered by a head cold. Combination of the two lead to a disappointing time of 20:41 or a 6:30 pace (for the 3.2 miles). I still have a long way to go to get back to 5K shape and have some decent speed back.

Not sure where I finished overall my guess around 12th out of 125 and did take first in the m 45-49 age group.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
20:41 is outstanding (to me anyway!) I will only run that fast in my dreams! :o) Sorry It wasn't what you were shooting for, but nice to see you were out in the 34 degree carolina weather this morning too!

P.S.:
I'm adding you to my bloglines :o)
 
I agree--It's still an impressive finish--especially when you're having breathing issues from the cold (the plague of runners I believe).
 
I'd be happy to run a time like that I can say...but understandable your disappointment as it's all relative, but once you get back to speedwork, wait to see the impressive times!
 
12th out of 125 and 1st in your age group is pretty good so the course must have been long. I ran about that time on New Year's Eve and it was an accurately measured course and a bad day for me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?